Designer Yoga Mat Sales Representative
About Magic Carpet Yoga Mats
Magic Carpet Yoga Mats offers yoga mats printed with hand-painted textile designs by founder Sophie Leininger, as well as other boho-chic yoga lifestyle products. The company is headquartered in Oakland, CA. Our mission is to offer products that elevate daily experiences into considerations of health, spiritual wellness, aesthetics and space.
Striving to produce high quality, durable goods, using earth-friendly materials and processes are as important as our designs. Our mats are made in the USA, tested child safe, and proven the best quality printed mats on the market. We operate in both the online retail and wholesale markets and has enjoyed rapid and continual sales growth, starting as a one woman operation and now functioning as a small team.
Our products are sold in over 50 stores worldwide, such as Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, Stylerunner, Rodales, and Backcountry.com.
Magic Carpet Yoga Mats seeks a Sales Representative to increase wholesale sales outreach. This position is compensated in 10% commission on all accounts opened and managed by the Sales Rep. The Sales Representative may work primarily if not entirely remotely, with some travel to trade shows and fairs expected.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Sales Management
- New account outreach
- CRM maintenance
- Customer Service
- Task and Calendar management
- Attendance Trade Shows/Fairs
- Back End Sales Support
- Communicating with the home team as necessary regarding inventory and AR
- Communicating with the marketing team to design and implement necessary collateral for trade shows, outreach, and events
We are looking for an experienced Sales Representative to increase sales in the USA and internationally. The Sales Representative will work closely with other team members and in direct collaboration with the company founder and thus must have a collaborative spirit and strong communication skills. Efficiency, independent sense of responsibility, and a sincere and positive can-do attitude is a must. Strong candidates thrive in the creative entrepreneurial environment, understand brand mission and values, and are excited to grow with the company. They have a proven ability to identify sales opportunities and take initiative to pursue them. Strong candidates are willing to make a six month commitment.
Qualifications and skills:
- 2 years of work experience in a professional environment
- 1 year work experience in the athleisure sales market
- Excellent communication and Customer Service skills
- Experience with cloud based accounting and inventory management software
- Friendly, professional demeanor
- Genuine interest and ability to understand MCYM’s company mission, branding, market positioning and culture.
- Experience in the yoga or product manufacturing industry a plus
- Passion for yoga, art, and design preferred
To apply, please send a proposal, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Sales Rep” in subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Supervisor: Company Founder and Operations Manager
Personal Characteristics: clear and honest communication, hardworking, detail oriented, finds creative solutions, fast worker.
Professional Requirements: Must be able to produce efficient quality work, and lift 50 pounds.
Responsibilities: Order fulfillment, inventory and warehouse maintenance, rolling and packaging yoga mats, palletizing shipments.